The Pain Treatment Center of the Bluegrass is proud to include physical therapy as part of our pain management approach at our Center. Not only do our patients receive pain treatment from knowledgeable physicians, they are also paired with a physical therapist to enhance the results whenever possible. Our patients learn simple exercises and strategies they can use at home in their daily activities to make a difference in their overall quality of life.
Our approach to physical therapy
There are a variety of things we do at our practice that set our physical therapy program apart from others. For example:
- Most people leave on their very first visit with simple techniques that help them control their pain.
- We emphasize simple and quick exercises and activities you can do on your own and without expensive equipment.
- There is a heavy emphasis on common sense body mechanics and self-treatment strategies.
- We focus on functional movement patterns to help you live your life with less pain and less effort.
- Our PT program typically requires far fewer visits than the average, which saves you time and money.
Below are some examples of exercises that can be incorporated into treatment and a home program using simple and inexpensive tools and materials.